Lasallian Volunteers of The De La Salle Christian Brothers
Job Overview: The Program Coordinator has the primary responsibility of supporting the Lasallian Volunteers, Site and Community Directors and managing the programmatic needs of the Lasallian Volunteers program. The Coordinator manages and implements all AmeriCorps requirements and is a liaison to CVN/AEAP. The position necessitates collaboration with contacts at all sites and communities as well as CVN/AEAP.
General Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Organize localized support for LVs through Alum and Educational Mentors.
- Manage AmeriCorps program; maintain communication with LVs, Site Directors and CVN/AEAP regarding trainings, paperwork and other related materials.
- Support logistical aspects of orientation and retreats.
- Connect with the volunteers, sites and communities by completing site and community visits.
- Complete college and university visits as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Coordinator of Recruitment and assist with interviewing, screening and placement of 50 – 60 volunteers appropriate for their success personally, professionally & spiritually.
- Develop and manage LV Alumni relations.
- Assist with overall programmatic development.
- Extensive travel nationally for site visits, programmatic events and recruiting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Participation in a full-time, long-term faith-based volunteer experience (special focus on community living and spiritual development).
- Prior teaching or social service experience.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the Lasallian Volunteers team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Location of Office: Negotiable, preferences to D.C., Bay Area, Chicago
Start Date: January 13, 2011
Benefits: Full health benefits, Employee Pension Plan, 403B Employee Match, Professional Development
Application Deadline: December 13, 2010 or until position is filled
Applicant should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Director of Lasallian Volunteers
Hecker Center, Suite 300
3025 4th Street NE
Washington, DC 20017