why support our lvs?
LVs Serve an Important Mission
Lasallian Volunteers are a group of gifted and generous young men and women on the adventure of their lives equipped only with a dream – to help families break the cycle of poverty and empower their children to be the best they can be.
This happens every day in the classroom, on the playing field and everywhere in between. As Lasallians, they serve our most neglected neighborhoods helping families build a bridge to a better life by coaching their children to succeed both academically and socially. As volunteers, they live simply in intergenerational communities with the De La Salle Christian Brothers, a feature unique to the Lasallian Volunteers program.
The schools and social service agencies where LVs serve recognize the dedication and quality of Lasallian Volunteers and as a result they are in high demand in today’s education and service sectors.
Our ministries consistently report on the success and energy each LV brings to their sites. A year of service results in a dynamic formation program for each Lasallian Volunteer. They are able to express their faith through service providing the catalyst for a life changing impact on both the volunteers and those they serve. From this year or two of service, they identify and embark on their lifetime vocations.
LVs Save Sites Money
The Lasallian Volunteers help save our service sites approximately $17,000 per year for each LV serving in their school or agency.
How do we know this?
- On average an entry level salaried employee at the sites LVs serve earn $32,000 a year.
- The sites pay approximately $15,000 per year to cover the cost of living expenses and health benefits for a Lasallian Volunteer.
- This results in savings for each service site which go directly to helping them meet the needs of their students and clients.
- In addition, they receive the energy, enthusiasm and dedication of a Lasallian Volunteer serving in their ministry for the year.
- This year, the Lasallian Volunteers will save the ministries and agencies where LVs serve almost one million dollars.