Lasallian Volunteers of the De La Salle Christian Brothers
The Director of Lasallian Volunteers is responsible for leadership, overall direction, and management of the Lasallian Volunteers program. The Director functions as part of the LV staff team and, with the LV Advisory Board, is responsible for ensuring that the LV program advances and upholds it mission as embodied in the mission statement.
• Responsibility for LV program plans and its growth in accordance with its mission statement.
• Principal spokesperson for the LV program.
• Travel for site visits, retreats, gatherings, development, etc.
• Relations with volunteers and District ministry sites and communities.
• Staff performance, training, formation and professional growth.• Promotion of Young Lasallians.
• Relations with alumni.
• Development and management of LV Advisory Board.
• Budget development and management.
• Support, participation and guidance of development efforts.
• Formal Catholic/Christian formation (e.g., lay leadership program, Christian community living, religious formation, Lasallian formation programs, etc.).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent human relations and organizational skills.
• Bachelor or higher degree in an educational, social service, religious or other related field.
• 3+ years work experience in an educational, social service, religious or other related field.
• Understanding of a full-time, faith-based volunteer experience (special focus on community living & spiritual development).
• Willingness to participate in Lasallian formation programs.
Location of Office: Christian Brothers Conference, Washington, D.C.
Start Date: August 3, 2015
Benefits: Full health benefits, Employee Pension Plan, 403B Employee Match, Professional Development
Application Deadline: June 1, 2015
Applicant should submit a letter of interest, résumé, and three references to:
Ms. Lori J. Dressel
La Salle Manor Retreat Center
12480 Galena Road
Plano, IL 60545